- Resist the urge to open phone/laptop
- Remind myself to begin the day with a focus on health and the long term
- Meditate/Do yoga/Run. Shower.
- Review the chatter in my mind. What do I need to do today?
- Review my inboxes. What does my team need to do today?
- There’s always too much. Write it down and prioritize.
- Catch up with co-founders. Tell them about my day yesterday. Find out what’s going on with them? How can I help?
- Catch up with the tech team/Scrum: Standard routine, around the table: Yesterday/Today/Blockers.
- Write down my actionables. Re-prioritize.
Get it done
- Start at the top of my list. Execute each item, one by one.
- Remember to eat on time, take breaks and get up and move around every hour
- React as new information pops up throughout the day. Help my team. Fix that bug. Clarify that task. Come up with that timeline. Onboard that customer. And so on.
- Remind myself to: Relax. Don’t burn out. Think long term. I did good today. I’ll finish the rest tomorrow. Spend time with family and friends. Unwind. Do something fun.
- Take some time to read and reflect. What’s happening in my industry? Are we moving in the right direction?
- Focus on nothing. Quiet the mind. Fall asleep.
And do it all over again tomorrow.